Tuesday, August 14, 2007

This too shall pass...I hope!


I love Tuesdays. It's my day off, and it's a nice day to have off. Today was a not very nice Tuesday. Sam is cranky, I think it's teething, and he has never pitched quite a fit as he did today....poor baby but also poor mommy! I think that he is really becoming a two-year-old - ack!


I once read an interesting article about the Jewish custom of not cutting your child's hair until they are 3 years old. It suggested that our children are mostly "wild" until that age, and the long hair reflects the wildness. After their hair is cut, then they are a little more calm. Sam has a lot of hair, maybe I should cut it! But seriously, I think this is just a part of life that has to pass....


Ah yes, one of my favorite phrases: This too shall pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that before!

I can relate to your day today...sounds a bit like my normal everyday. LOL

Nell