Saturday, October 6, 2007

Legal Grafitti...Wrapped Emotions #5

This week's prompt at Wrapped Emotions is much less intense than last week's...and I think it was at a good time for everyone. I've read some of the posts already and it seems that joy is an often overwhelming theme. Last week we "unwrapped" ourselves and the relief seems almost palpable...

So here's mine. Simple, graffiti-like, full of the emotions of joy and release. As the holiday season drew to a close this week, I felt a great weight lifted off, and an ability to just sit for a moment and be...Shabbat came well-ready, well-timed this week. Ups and downs and all arounds...I'm glad to just sit and color!

(I painted the brick-like background in my journal first, as a "canvas" for the graffiti -- I'm a literalist, what can I say. It didn't come out quite perfect, partly because I pulled up the tape too early in my impatience to see how it looked!) I had to use the flash to get the photo to turn out so I don't think you can see all the small words in the white lines (they're also upside down)...the words are: focus... connect... wonder... pray... wish... grow... hope... seek... question... sing... try... wings... fly...

This week's Torah portion was the first of the year...And God made the world...


...and it was very good.


See more Wrapped Emotions here....

10 comments:

Stacy said...

Very nice! It is quite literal, too!

Anonymous said...

So cool. It looks like graffiti. Thats great. I love the words. Full life.

Wil's Wheels said...

What I'm thinking, Phyllis, is that you've done real life on-the-wall graffiti in your past. :)

This is just super. What can I say except that I feel your release, your joy.

"...and it was very good." Yes...I am rediscovering this in my own little ways. Thanks for an awesome creation.

Anonymous said...

I love it! The brick background is the perfect touch!

AS said...

I love those words: love, live, laugh. Your post and artwork have given me a moment to reflect on them, and feel them in my heart. Thank-you.

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Very good words to live by!

Angie said...

We should see those words on more walls, huh? Good work!

Anonymous said...

I think the brick background is great! And the imperfections that you mentioned actually make it look real!

As always, I enjoyed reading your perspective.

mandaroo63 said...

Your grafitti made me smile! It really looks like grafitti that would be up on a wall! So colorful and bold! Love it!

Unknown said...

It looks really good. I love the brick wall... great idea!

Kim @ TheBitterBall