Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jewels of Elul

I'm afraid to say that I got this email about Jewels of Elul. Why am I afraid? Because it does seem that people regularly like to point out how "soon" the High Holy Days are. As if the date isn't seared into my brain. I'm a rabbi, for goodness sakes! The High Holy Days are like the World Series, the Olympics, the Jeopardy Finals, all rolled into one big spiritual package. Especially for a rabbi.

But with all that said, I do happen to love the holidays. I love the personal preparation, I love the excitement, I love the very idea that we get to start again...



It's a pretty great thing - each day someone posts their thoughts on the Hebrew month of Elul, which leads into the holidays. You can click on the above graphic to sign up for your own emails from the Jewels of Elul.

Hard to believe it's time, isn't it?

And it's not even August yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember reading those last year. Thanks for the reminder, but you might need to remind us again in one month.

Anonymous said...

Oh scariness...

I'm about 9 days into my HHD prep and I just can't believe it's upon us again...