Monday, March 15, 2010

Kosher Cooking Carnival #52: Rosh Chodesh Nisan

I am very happy to be hosting my first ever Kosher Cooking Carnival. Let's start, as we usually do, with the links to previous editions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, KCC Meta Carnival, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51...and here we are at #52!

The next one, #53, will be on Rosh Chodesh Iyar (April 15), hosted by Shimshonit.
(Submit posts through Blog Carnival here.)

Now, onto the posts!
Batya: Fussy About Food
G6: Broccoli Cheese Potatoes
Yisrael Medad, husband of the great Batya: Cooking (roasted oven fries - sound yummy!)
Mrs. S.: The end is nigh (turkey stew)
Batya: Is Purim Really Over? Only Thirteen Lunar Months Till The Next TimeFrume Sarah: Made a Pi(e) (and I think it's somehow my fault :-) )
Jew and the Carrot: Watch that Lox it Might Not Be Kosher

Halacha

Batya: Defining Kosher as Ethical (halacha and ethics - interesting questions!)

Jewish Shabbat and Holiday food

Home Shuling: Could these be any cuter? (mini hamantaschen, even though Purim is over, these are so cute)
Batya: Yes, I Baked Challah!! (and even raw, it looks delicious!)
Leora Wenger: Kira's Potato Leek Soup (Check out the really cool way it looks!)
mominisrael: Gluten-Free Products on Passover | Cooking Manager (very useful for the GF people in your life)
Chana Rubin presents Healthy Kosher Eating With Chana: Passover (She has a ton of Pesach posts, I couldn't choose!)
Batya: And What Do You Serve At The Seder Meal? (I'm just the opposite, Batya, I like all the side dishes instead of the main course!)
Mordechai Torczyner: Is Quinoa Kosher for Passover? (really great halachic discourse)
Israeli Kitchen: Thinking About Passover Cooking (I'm with you - no more fake matzah products than totally necessary!)

Ima on and off the Bima (that's me): Lots of Hamantaschen Recipes here
Ilana-Davita: Gato de Muez de Pesah (a yummy looking cake, which is not what I thought it was since I read gato=cat...ha ha)
The Shiksa in the Kitchen: Spinach Matzo Mina and this PIE for Passover (plus a contest)

Restaurant Reviews

Batya: It Sure Paid To "Window-shop" (Check the Prices) The Breakfast Deals 
Batya: Yes, A Sports Bar and Grill in Jerusalem!

In other Kosher Cooking News...
@koshereye hosted a Passover Twitter Party, hashtag #passoverpty
- will there be another one before the big week?

That's all from here. I'm sure that next month will be full of Pesach posts and post-Pesach posts. Hard to imagine what "post-Pesach" will be like while we're in the throes of preparing! 
A zissen Pesach...may your Passover be joyous and sweet!

6 comments:

Batya said...

Chodesh Nissan Tov! Thanks for your Great KCC!

I hope that this will be the first of many. Welcome to the club of KCC hosts and hostesses.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Phyllis. I'll try to advertize it asap but I have a very busy day ahead.

Leora said...

"my first ever" - really? And you've done HH so many times, this must be breeze!

Thanks for doing it, thank for the link, happy Pesach prep and may you experience freedom just like our ancestors did.

The Rebbetzin's Husband said...

Thanks! I'll add a link in tomorrow's post.

Anonymous said...

Yay -- thanks for including me :)

I prefer to think of you as the inspiration.

Mrs. S. said...

Nice job!

Thanks for including me.