Saturday, July 10, 2010

Scenes from Shabbat at Camp....

On Shabbat at camp, everyone gets dressed up in their finest (camp) Shabbat clothes, and greets each other with smiles and happy hugs. Here's David, waiting outside his tent, doing what he loves to do best:
In the dining hall, waiting for dinner...

Dinner is followed by Shabbat Shira, a rockin' and crazy song session. Can you see all those kids in the distance? They're lining up to go into Port Hall, that building right there, to start the fun. And yes, Michael has a bear on his head.
On Shabbat, we don't swim in our pool, but instead spend the day on the waterfront. Here are my littles, enjoying the sand and the sun....
A restful and lovely Shabbat was had by all!

How was your Shabbat?

See more great Summer photos at Summer Stock Sunday.

6 comments:

Robin said...

What terrific pictures - you all look great and like you're having a ball too. Ahh, to be a kid again (or at least a camp counselor) - I used to LOVE camp.

Thanks for playing along with Summer Stock, I put your link up for you.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Dimple said...

Such fun! I went to Girl Scout camp many times, and loved it!

Leora said...

Shavua tov! I love watching the camp photos. It was fun to watch my son and all the other campers in their Shabbat clothes - they have to wear blue shirts and white pants (or skirts). Like I did, he goes to a Bnei Akiva camp. He absolutely loves it.

Anonymous said...

I love how each camp has its own minhagim. On Shabbat at Newman, we wear white. I love watching all the kids in white join in the pre-cessional that ends in the Beit Tefillah.

Armando Codina said...

Its look like David love to read books? He is such a good boy. Anyways, Nice Pictures.

Cindy said...

I love watching all the kids in white join in the pre-processional that ends in the Beit Kamillah. thanx for the share.