Thursday, January 13, 2011

Swagbucks, Groupons, Discounts...Oh My!

Over the last few months, I've become a huge fan of many of the various sites that offer deals and discounts. So I thought I'd share a few with all of you.

First of all, Swagbucks. Lots of people have been sharing their "swag" stuff on Facebook but I resisted. Then I signed up and overnight, without even doing very much, I had earned about $15 in Amazon gift cards. That's nothing to sneeze at, my friends. (Have you seen how much I read?) It's a virtual currency that allows you to "earn" stuff...I thought it was a big joke but it's actually not.

Swagbucks has just introduced some new Free Games that are a really cool way to have fun and earn Swagbucks points fast. If you click here: Free Games you'll be taken directly there, and give me a tiny little kickback (gotta disclose, right?). When you go there and sign up, use the code SBGames and get an additional 30 Swag Bucks in your account (add that to the 30 that everybody gets for joining and you're doubling your points already!)

Okay, here are a few more that I like:
Groupon (nuff said)
Mamapedia - another daily deal site that is mom-focused
WeDeal - a super-local site  that is great - check if your city is in there...
FamilyFinds (formerly Mamaloot)
BabySteals and KidSteals (but for some reason, I usually miss the deal - someday I'll get something good.)
JDeal - a Jewish daily deal site. So far, mostly only in New York City. They say they're going to expand so hopefully Chicago is next!

Please note that almost all of those are my referral links, meaning that I get a small credit or points or something if you sign up and/or purchase a deal using my link. So, be nice. Thanks.

In addition, I've started to read a few blogs that share coupons, deals, etc.
My favorites:
Kosher on a Budget
Hip2Save
Frugal Fun and Fortune

I do sometimes wonder if getting a "good deal" on something that I wasn't planning to buy in the first place is actually a good deal. But...that might be another post for another day when I've gotten more sleep.

1 comment:

Mara ~ Kosher on a Budget said...

Aw, Phyllis, thank you so much for the shout out! You're the best! Isn't Swagbucks amazing? I also thought it was some kind of scam back when I started... then I got my first $5 gift and I was HOOKED!

Shabbat Shalom & thanks again :)